Sunday, September 8, 2013

Seize the Sketch with Merry Monday: Peace, Joy, Love

I really wanted to play along with Merry Monday before it closes this afternoon.  It's a classic and warm challenge to use kraft, red, green and burlap, twine or ribbon.  I went looking for some Christmas papers that fit the challenge and found an older Hobby Lobby brand pad with the rustic look that I was going for.  Then the light bulb came on and I realized that if I used the sketch at Seize the Sketch, I would have a wonderful, warm Christmas quilt!

Peace Joy Love



It might be a little quiet here for the next couple of days.  I have a number of design team and new release cards to make in the next few days for later in the week.  You'll have to come back on Wednesday for a new release at Newton's Nook Designs.  Have you checked them out yet?  They have only been around for a few months and I love what I am seeing - absolutely charming!  I am guesting in September starting with this new release.  I also have a post for Paper Smooches that uses Free Spirits!!  And there will be a new sketch on Thursday for CAS(E) this Sketch! and a new challenge on Sunday for Curtain Call.  Good thing the roofers finished up yesterday, although I think it will take awhile before the pounding stops in my head.  And we could finally hook up the air conditioner again - it was unhooked during our record heat!  So I am seriously looking forward to sending the kids to school tomorrow and crafting in the peace, quiet and coolness!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
  • Stamps: Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
  • Paper: Papertrey Kraft, Hobby Lobby Greetings of the Season
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Linen, Papertrey Ink Pinefeather
  • Accessories: Lifestyle Crafts Nested Hexagons, Avery Elle Kraft and Berry Sequins, Papertrey Ink Rustic Jute Button Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment