Sunday, September 15, 2013

Curtain Call: Sunflower Surprise!

It's time for another inspiration photo from Curtain Call!  It's Sunflower Surprise!

photo credit: poshtotevents.com

The sponsor for our Sunflower Surprise is Clearly Besotted Stamps.  


Clearly Besotted Stamps has generously provided Blooming Marvellous Stamps and Die Collection for each design team member!  And the LEAD that is selected from all of the entries will also win the set and the dies for themselves!


My card was obviously inspired by the bright sunflowers in the inspiration photo but also by the hint of bright blue near the center of the photo and by the wood planking.

Hey There

The sentiment on this card comes from a different Clearly Besotted set You Said It, and the butterfly is from Butterfly Additions with the coordinating die.

I also made a bonus card today.  I had to make two birthday cards for two special friends.  I had made the sunflower card but the other flower in the set was calling my name too!  I decided that I would use the same layout and create a second card with the bold rose.

For a Special Day

The butterfly on this card is from Butterfly Additions.  (The sentiment is not from Clearly Besotted.)

I have to tell you that since I got this set and have been playing with it - I have paid extra attention to other sets offered by Clearly Besotted and have ordered more!  I used their beautiful feather set here.  I have used two of their butterflies on today's cards.  The sentiment on the first card comes with word bubbles!   Just yesterday in their mail, I got their Halloween set, Fright Night, and their Signature Christmas and Addition collections - so you'll be seeing even more.  The company is based in the United Kingdom but shipping is very reasonably priced and very fast.  They are also available in the U.S. at Simon Says Stamp.

Now, it's your turn!  You have until September 25th, 8 a.m. CDT to create a new paper project inspired by the photo.  The LEAD and Show Stoppers will be chosen by the crew and announced on September 30th at 8:00 AM CDT.  I hope to see you play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment