Monday, September 16, 2013

Clearly Besotted Background: You Tickle My Fancy

Clearly Besotted Stamps has a challenge to create your own background on a card.  The first set that I had from Clearly Besotted is Fancy Feathers and I've only used it once so it had to make a reappearance!

Tickle My Fancy

I'm not particularly good at using Distress Inks to do a wash of color.  Every so often I like to try and given there is a Distress Ink color called Peacock Feathers, this seemed like as good a day as any.  Don't get me wrong - Distress Inks are very easy to work with.  I've watched the videos, I have the foam pads and the craft mat.  The color goes on easily.  But I guess I know that I am a control freak - because it seems a little too random for me!

So many of you have asked about the Colorado floods and I just have to tell you that it is mind-boggling.  I sit high above Denver and away from the mountains, so I'm just wet.  The amount of rain that we have gotten only happens every thousand years.  Even the official reports from the National Weather Service referred to "biblical proportions".   I don't think you can turn on any news station right now without seeing pictures of the destruction.
 
You may not know that there are still over 1,200 people unaccounted for.  By no means do they think all of those people have died, but some have.  What the news just doesn't quite capture is the virtual impossibility of the rescues and why those people are unaccounted for.  There are entire towns that have been devastated that rescuers simply cannot get to. These towns only have one or two ways in, but through mountain canyons, and all the roads are simply gone.  These people are sitting in devastated communities without phones, power, water, or sewer, waiting for the helicopters to come.



A lighter story that I haven't seen on the national news is the rescue of 400 young children from mountain camps.  Lots of elementary schools in the cities send the children to mountain camps for one or two days.  None of these children were in danger - but remember, the roads are gone...so here's their ride home! (Photo from 9News.)



I have lots of posts written for the rest of the week and I promise they don't cover difficult current events - I promise to focus on cards!!
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft
  • Ink: WPlus9 white, Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and Seedless Preserves, Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry
  • Accessories: Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers dies, Avery Elle Royal Blend Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment