Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rockwell Designs and Festive Friday: Peace

I had THE most exciting cardmaking day yesterday.  First, I was named to the Addicted to CAS Wall of Fame along with six other cardmakers - a group that I am incredibly proud to be part of.  I'm sure you know them all, but definitely check them all out!


Then, I won a gift certificate to Paper Smooches!!  They liked the Back to School card that I did just two days ago!

And, finally, I will be guest designer in October at Avery Elle!!  I cannot tell you how long I have been trying for this one!!!

I cannot believe everything has come at once.  I definitely thank each and every one of these groups! And I thank Mr. Mojo for showing up the last few weeks.  I definitely have hot and dry spells and I was definitely feeling good about these projects.  This week...not so much...I had a whole day off after my final papers and before the next school semester started again yesterday (on a holiday!!)  and I got one card done - the "peace" card that follows.  I struggled all day and have so many things in my scrap bins.  From reading all of your blogs, I know mojo comes and goes for everybody.  

We cardmakers are a tough bunch, aren't we?  We stick it out in the tough times. We create cheerful birthday cards when we aren't cheerful.  We create sympathy cards for people we care for.  We survive when Mr. Mojo disappears!!  And it always all works out in the end.  I LOVE this hobby!!



I got the Notched Star Banner from Papertrey Ink's last release.  It was a Halloween release, but I saw this as a perfect Christmas die!  I was inspired by two different challenges.  First, the "peace" challenge at Festive Friday was exactly the inspiration that I needed to use this new die.  Then, I am four colors behind at Jackie's Pantone Color Challenge.  I knew there was a deep blue that would work perfectly for a night sky.  Thankfully, it's OK to get behind with the color challenge, because all colors are open until September 22.

Peace




  • Stamps: none!!
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening, Stampin' Up Silver Glitter
  • Ink: none!!
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Notched Star Banner die, Wonderful Words Holiday die, Quickutz star die, Stampin' Up Silver Cord

No comments:

Post a Comment