Friday, September 6, 2013

Addicted to CAS: Music (with a shameless CASE)

It's been a week of highs and lows.  Maybe not "lows" so much as "irritations".

At the beginning of the week, I was thrilled to be named to Addicted to CAS Wall of Fame!!!  I love all of the other ladies named to the Wall also and felt truly honored to be in their company. Thank you to all of the good people at Addicted to CAS.

So I most definitely could not miss their current challenge (given the requirements for the Wall of Fame include participation week in and week out!).  Plus the current challenge is "Music" and my house is full of music.  My music room holds a piano, organ, hammered dulcimer, classical guitar, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet and baritone along with assorted recorders and penny whistles!!  My children play in the school band but seem to switch instruments regularly so we just keep collecting instruments.


Then the first irritation hit.  I knew right away what I would make for the music challenge - it was perfectly pictured in my mind.  My youngest is marching in his first competition and I decided to have a card ready.  Some bold diagonal stripes down the side - a fun trumpet - a "good luck" - PERFECT!  Sadly, with all of the music stamps that I have - no trumpet!  I will have to remedy that, won't I?

Then my creativity took a major slump - mostly due to the really, REALLY, REALLY big irritation in my life.  Roofers are very loud and very early and they never, ever stop pounding.  They started Tuesday and are still here this morning (at 6:30 am!)


But things took a turn for the better when I saw this truly stunning card by Donna Mikasa.  She works miracles with kraft and bold colors.  This is just one example but I decided that I would allow myself a shameless CASE.  I actually even started my musical butterfly in exactly the same colors that she had used but decided to force a few moments of creativity.

Just a Note

I absolutely love the music hidden within that butterfly.  I did hesitate to use it though as the company - Layers of Color - is no longer open, so if you have fallen in love with the stamp, I am really sorry.  But I had never used it and it deserved to see ink.
  • Stamps: Layers of Color Joyful Noise, Avery Elle To The Point (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Kraft
  • Ink: Memento Black, Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade and Festive Berries
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment