Saturday, September 21, 2013

Catered Crop: Pack it Up

This week's challenge from Catered Crop is to "Pack It Up" - focus on the packages; the tags, the bows, the treat boxes - any fun thing to give a little treat to someone.

I have a fun new toy that works perfectly for this challenge.  It is a Card Hanger Die from Laurie Willison over at Soapbox Creations.

Christmas Bag Close

Can you tell what this die does? It's a fantastic little creation that allows you to decorate a gift bag with a card!!

Christmas Bag on Swing

Because this card hangs on the gift bag - it can be more dimensional than usual so I finally got to use a bow die!  Think of all the fun things you could put on a card if it were actually the bag decoration! Here's the card by itself (it really is a card!)

A Merry Little Christmas

Laurie has three designs of these bag hangers and a great video to give you two ways to use it.  

(I think I'm going to invest in a large supply of brown paper gift bags!!)

I hope you all decide to play along.  I don't do much packaging - I have a number of dies for treat boxes and tags but they just don't come out often.  I would love to be inspired by what you create!!
  • Stamps: Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
  • Paper: Basic Gray 25th & Pine 6x6 pad, Stampin' Up Cameo Coral
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy
  • Accessories: Card Hanger die from Soapbox Creations, Neat & Tangled sequins, May Arts twine, Simon Says Stamp Perfect Bow die, Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles Ladybug Assortment, Papertrey Ink Holly Jolly die (mistletoe0

No comments:

Post a Comment