Friday, September 13, 2013

From the Moment You Move

It was just a few months ago that I was writing about fires in Colorado, one of which burned 500 homes.  Now parts of the state are under water.  They are saying this is a hundred year flood.  There are towns cut off with washed out roads, there are towns that have been evacuated, there are videos of main streets that have turned into rivers right up to and above the front stoops of the stores, there are interstates that are lakes, there are cars that have been tumbled by collapsing roads into what used to be dry drainage ditches and are now rushing rivers.

Fortunately for my family, we live high above the Denver area on the east side, away from the mountains.  It is very, very wet here but absolutely no danger.  In fact, if I didn't have the news on all day, it would be incredibly pleasant at my house as it has finally cooled off and I love the sound of the rain. (My kids - being selfish teenagers - are just disappointed that there is school today because many major school districts have closed.)  Thank you for all of your words of concern.



I don't think that I have ever made a "new home" card, but I have dear friend who is making a major and fairly life-altering move.  I wanted to send her my love and best wishes and saw that I actually had the perfect stamp!  I recently organized all of my dies and remembered that I had a small rainbow so this card came together exactly as I had hoped.

The moment you move

The only thing that I spent a little time struggling with is the three-color rainbow, but the challenge at Stamping Royalty gave me exactly the fresh and cheerful look that I had wanted.


  • Stamps: Impression Obsession (I have this in a single wood stamp, but I don't see it on their site anymore. They do have the sentiment in a clear set here. The font is slightly different.)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Soft Sky
  • Ink: Black
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles and Rainbow/Clouds die set, Papertrey Ink Love Lives Here die, clear sequins - Clearly Beloved 5mm at Simon Says Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment