Sunday, October 21, 2012

Peace with TAWS Trees Company

There are so many fun and funky trees and birds in the set by The Alley Way Stamps called Trees Company.  You can tell by the name that it is a lot of fun.  But tucked in the set is also a pine branch and a solid shape that could be a leaf or a pine cone.

TAWS Peace

I thought that the ornament idea would work perfectly with the sketch from clean & simple stamping.


To get a dimensional effect on the pine branches and pine cones they are inked in a lighter color then thumped with a darker color pen.  As a last step I added some sparkly stickles.

Yesterday I showed you a funky Nebraska photo from my road trip last week.  Here is a classic South Dakota photo...
Mt. Rushmore
I grew up in the shadow of Mt. Rushmore and I would think that at some point I would get tired of it - but it still gives me a thrill every time that I see it.  This time was particularly wonderful as it was the first time that my son remembered seeing it. 
Having said that, he was much more excited with the next stop on our tourist trip - Reptile Gardens!
Reptile Gardens

The Black Hills is an odd mix of beauty and tourist traps.  You have to know what you are getting into when you go there.  You can look at it as tacky, but I prefer to see it as old-fashioned fun.  If you ever go, don't spend all of your time at the tourist traps - you will miss the beautiful Black Hills!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Trees Company, Christmas Magic (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Confetti White, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi pad with Garden Green pen, Soft Suede pad with Early Espresso pen, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder, Spellbinders ornament die, Stampin' Up Soft Suede ribbon and stickles, Theresa Collins Christmas Cottage washi tape

No comments:

Post a Comment