Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CASology: A Bargello Leaf

This week's cue word at CASology is "leaf".  I absolutely love leaves and no matter how many leaf stamps I own, I always manage to buy more!

But...did I use a leaf stamp on my card...NO!

Because I also was enthralled by a technique challenge on the Technique Tuesday blog - bargello.  Mynette gives easy instructions for creating a wonderful pattern.  I created the pattern as she described and then die cut my leaf.  Love it!!

So Thankful

One word of advice if you try this.  Do not ignore her instructions about using a strong adhesive and getting every little part of the paper - especially if you are going to die cut.  I thought I did well, but I did spent way too much time with a tweezer re-adhering those tiny pieces at the tips of the leaves.  If you adhere well at the beginning this truly is a simple card!




  • Stamps: Verve Amazing Wishes
  • Paper: Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 pad, Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocoalte
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile button, Cane Print Impression Plate, Spellbinders Leaf die, misc twine

No comments:

Post a Comment