Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A VERY Merry Monday

I have a fun new set to play with so no matter this week's Merry Monday sketch was, I was going to make it fit!!

VERY Merry Greetings


Aren't they wonderfully festive drinks??  I went back and forth on the glitter paper because the actual stamps each have different and very fun patterns for the drinks. 

I also decided to stick with Christmas reds and greens for the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge.

If you have been watching my blog the last few days - I do have a few more pictures from South Dakota.

Carold Heier Gymnasium
This is my son in front of the Carold Heier Gymnasium.  Carold Heier was my father.  He was the assistant principal and then principal of my high school.  In those days, principals were very well known and respected across the town. When he died unexpectedly in 1977, they honored him by naming the gym after him.
Carold Heier Gymnasium

Erik was particularly impressed with the inside of the gym because they just don't build high school gyms like this anymore...at least in Colorado.  I'm always disappointed with the local gyms as they simply do not measure up with what I grew up with!
Carold Heier Gymnasium

While Erik and I were eating at Taco John's - something else that I grew up with that they don't have in the Denver area - we ran into a gentlemen who knew my family in the old days.  He told my son stories about the great man that his grandfather was.  It was truly wonderful to hear and to see Erik learn about and be proud of a man who died long before he was born or even before I was an adult.  

(The Taco John's wasn't quite as wonderful as I remembered it!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happy Hour, Curly Cute
  • Paper: Bo Bunny Mistletoe dsp, Papertrey Ink Pineforest, New Leaf, Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red, Stampin' Up Champagne and Red glimmer, unknown green glimmer
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Papertrey Ink New Leaf
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Fishtails and the new Fishtails Layers dies, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle, Stampin' Up Espresso twine

No comments:

Post a Comment