Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hey! Hello! You're Special!


This is my third post today!
Click here for Dynamic Duos.


I was browsing the early pages of my stamp index - (yes, I stamp every single stamp that I buy into an index AND I do it by category...I've stopped buying sets with a variety of sentiments because it takes too long to stamp some in the birthday section, some in the thanks, etc!)  My early pages go back at least a decade - and I ran across a Hero Arts set that is perfect for a girlfriend.  She is in hospice care and I am trying to send a card a day.  There's so little that I can do - but I can try to give her a smile!

This set had three birds that I wanted to use so I was thrilled when I saw that Less is More is a sketch challenge with three squares.

I do have to say that this card has gone slightly beyond my personal definition of CAS.  I think it's just the kraft background.  I know that most CAS definitions say that "white space" is just "open space", but most of my CAS cards are white so this doesn't feel right to me.  However, I did try it with white and silhouetted birds but it just wasn't "warm" enough to send to my friend.  So I thought of the CASual Friday challenge to use kraft.  Kraft and yellow was my solution!

Hey! Hello!


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Tiny Bird Messages, Envelope background
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Crushed Curry
  • Ink: Versamark, Colorbox Frost White (the background(
  • Accessories: Zing embossing powder, Stampin' Up Crushed Curry ribbon, Derwent Inktense pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment