Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dynamic Duo: Pumpkin Pie and Die Cuts!!

It's black tie week at Dynamic Duos - that means we give you black and one other color plus a dessert option.  This week the color is Pumpkin Pie and the dessert is die cuts.

Pumpkin Flowers in Felt


I'm having the typical photo problems.  My bright orange flower is really Papertrey Ink's Orange Zest felt and their Orange Zest is almost exactly Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie.

Some of my die cuts are the flower - I cut four felt flowers from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms #1 die, the biggest flower.  Then I folded each into quarters.  I didn't have any glue specific to felt - so I simply took a little stitch in each to hold them together.  This is definitely not an original idea to me, I have seen these folded flowers on many other cards.  I have not seen them in felt and I'm not sure I would recommend it - it is so thick and bulky.  On the other hand, it's a very warm look - like a fuzzy blanket!

Check out the rest of the design team at Dynamic Duos - then I hope you play along, I love looking at what you have created!

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms #1 die and Mat Stack 1 and Layerz dies, misc ribbon, Stampin' Up embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment