Sunday, October 21, 2012

Casology:Night and Chevrons

Hi!  I'm back!!  In the last six days I drove back and forth to the Black Hills of South Dakota!  I took my youngest son and had a lot of fun exploring the places that I got to know well in the first 20 years of my life.  I also spent quite a bit of time hanging out with a friend from the last 48 years as she is in hospice.  It should have been a difficult time, but she has always had such an incredibly happy outlook on life, it's hard to be too sad.  Sending prayers to Tammy and Jeff...

So I'm back and left myself 30 minutes to get a card posted for CASology to keep my streak unbroken.  I had also seen the challenge at Just Add Ink to Just Add Chevrons.  The theme at CASology was Night and I thought I would try to use chevron stripes to replicate a sunset/sunrise.  Unfortunately, even I, who knows what was intended, can't see the sunset/sunrise in this card.  But...with 30 minutes to go...here it is...

Night ed

The gray is the silhouetted horizon, then the bright yellow and coral of the sun, then the lighter blue before the night sky.  Get it???

One picture from our trip.  This is NOT South Dakota but a very fun picture...

011 Panorama

This is Carhenge outside of Alliance, Nebraska.  With an active 12-year old in the car, I had to find lots of excuses to stop and walk around.  Carhenge was just a short side trip.  Erik just shook his head and said "people in Nebraska have way too much free time".

No comments:

Post a Comment