Monday, October 15, 2012

Merry Monday Guest Designer

This is my second post today.

I was thrilled to receive a shout-out at the Merry Monday challenge for my card, Peace on Earth in Plum and that means that I am the guest designer for today's Merry Monday sketch!!

Here's the sketch...


I just received an order from WPlus9 full of Christmas goodies and I pulled out a couple of new toys for my card...

Joy in Cherry and Kraft
The twine is actually another new toy and I'm not as happy with it as I had hoped.  It's a Maya Road twine called shine gold - if you look closely you can see a twist of shiny gold.  (I also got it in silver).  What I don't like is its bulk - it's a true, classic string so fairly thick.  I had to pop all my panels because nothing would lay flat.  It has potential for these rustic cards - I just have to figure out how to use it.
Have fun with this week's sketch!  I was a little sporadic with Merry Monday at the beginning of the year, but now I haven't missed a challenge in months!

I'm also linking this to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long as this week is anything goes.
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Folk Art Flurries, Pretty Patches: Tree (the sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler CS and dsp, Crumb Cake, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Seasonal Sentiments die ("joy"), Maya Road Twine Cording Shine Gold, Spellbinders ovals, Stampin' Up border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment