Friday, May 4, 2012

New York Beauty Block four and cause for celebration!

Tula Pink Nest...Ahhhhhhhh...need I really say anything else? Not really but I pulled my stash to make the New York Beauty Block 4 for a secret swap. I found out that my victim has a bit of a "thing" for Tula Pink and I do too so I think it was a perfect match!


I used Lee's tutorial ( AWESOME job Lee) and I found out something SUPER COOL!!!!! You can put freezer paper through your PRINTER!!!!

Little secret...I have arthritis ( both hands...really sucks) and trying to draw even trace lines is a little difficult at times. I had my freezer paper, and my little pencil and I was tracing away in front of The Voice ( I just watch for Adam but Lindsay was BRILLIANT and I am sorry she is gone) and it looked like Adam ( my Adam not Adam Levine so there is no confusion)  had done it!  That is a lie, my Adam could have done WAY better...anyway...I cut my paper to 8.5x11 and popped it in and VOILA...perfect lines without any  tracing!!!!!

** after I did this, I googled it and found out it has been done ( like everything) so not news to anyone but ME,lol!



I think my NYB 4 is a STUNNER! Now I have to quilt her and make her into a pillow :o)



Now for my Cause for Celebration... I am going to MARKET!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! This will be my first market so if I look bewitched, bewildered or just plain lost please say hello and let me know I AM in Kansas ( City that is) and that it is really market ;o)  Really if you see me just say HELLO anyway!!!!  I will be carrying a HUGE red patent leather bag and hopefully wearing red patent leather shoes. I wear really boring clothes so I need something to spice me up!  The BIGGEST exciting thing...I get to meet Sara IN REAL LIFE! We have been friends for YEARS online and this will be our first face to face meeting!!!!! It will not be really face to face though cuz she is a wee tiny thing and I am NOT! Anyway really looking forward to it :o)

** I was so excited I completely forgot to mention I will be working in the fabulous Laurie Tigner Design  booth so make sure to come on by there say HOWDY and look at her stunning longarm quilting!!!!!

Hope to meet you there!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment