Friday, May 25, 2012

A Very Quick Gift Set

I went to bed last night feeling like I was forgetting something.  I woke up this morning with the panicked realization that I needed a gift for a thank you party for my son's long-term 6th grade substitute.  Obvious answer - a box of handcrafted cards.

So...I couldn't use multiple layers because I couldn't cut them all in time.  Embossing folders to the rescue.  I needed an embossing folder that added all of the interest on its own - I went with Stampin' Up's Elegant Lines.  It's not been my favorite - but this morning it saved me!

Then...a variety of sentiments - fairly big-sized to take up some of the front.  I wanted a punch or die for those sentiments and I used Stampin' Up's Decorative Labels.  I have other dies that I could have used, but it's must faster to punch multiple labels.

Then...embellishments - whatever I could easily reach...it varies by card.

Finally...colors - I used this week's colourq color challenge.  Obviously, I can't submit this because one color per card really isn't the challenge(!) - but I did want to give them credit.



Teacher Gift Set




Teacher Gift Set



Teacher Gift Set



Teacher Gift Set

Time was up at this point, so I couldn't get a nice little folder made, but I did have some appropriately sized plastic boxes and I quickly put together a coordinating tag.

Teacher Gift Set

Very, very, VERY simple - but I think it works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment