Monday, May 7, 2012

Naughty Jack, Pineapple Princess update and a Heather Ross destash


I was feeling adventurous this weekend with quilting the NYB block and tried Aurifil MAKO 28. I LOVE it...maybe even more than the 50wt, if that is at all possible! It sews and shows beautifully! 



My plan was to have a beautiful finished pillow to show you this morning but I don't.  I had the quilting done and I had the zipper attached {it looked good too} and when I was ripping the baste stitching Jack, the seam ripper, decided to rip right through the beautiful chocolate brown linen that was to be the back of the pillow...GASP!!!!!! I have my suspicions that Jack had something to do with the mysterious disappearance of my favorite seam ripper who would never think of taking a big bite of fabric but I have yet to find any real proof.  Jack has been put in the green container {seam ripper prison}until I can calm down.
**** FABRIC SENSITIVE VIEWERS LOOK AWAY**** 


In other news... I am having a Heather Ross destash to help fund mama's trip to market! I have these listed in my Etsy Store.  I will be adding more in the next few days :o)



Finally, I received a photo that KNOCKED my SOCKS OFF!!!!!!

Laurie did an amazing job on the Pineapple Princess quilt!  I am seriously considering asking Bernina if I can use a machine at market to sew on the binding ;o)  If I am really lucky, maybe Pat Sloan will do it for me { this is my dream world}. I will make the binding today and bring it with me just in case,lol!  I am very in love with this quilt!!!! Did I mention Laurie did and AMAZING job? Many many thanks, hugs and quilty LOVE Laurie!!!!!!


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and did not have any naughtiness in your sewing space!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment