Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Clean & Simple with Summer Starfruit

Our local Hobby Lobby has a half price ribbon sale this week, so I took my swatches of the new Stampin' Up in colors to stock up on ribbon.  I didn't find anything basic - the colors must be too new for Hobby Lobby -  but I did find this wide patterned ribbon...


Merci

To put the focus on the ribbon, I found a great layout at clean&simple's Fall to Layout.  I made a 3 1/4" x 6 1/4" card so the ribbon fit nicely down the center.

The butterfly is Summer Starfruit.  It's an interesting color because on its own it looks goldish, next to green it looks yellowish and next to yellow it looks greenish.
  • Stamps: Clearly Wordsworth Thanks set
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black and Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Hobby Lobby brand ribbon, square punch to make the banner, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, misc gems

No comments:

Post a Comment