Friday, May 11, 2012

Despite all odds...


I finished the skirt!!!!!  I did the godets, the invisible zipper and something about yokes but there were no eggs involved. Sewing terminology is a foreign language to me and I am sure it will be for quite some time. This was not difficult to make once I translated it into my sewing language which is, take part A place it on Part B and Sew!  My sister, who has been sewing for years told me to not ever buy Simplicity patterns. She told me this after the skirt was done so it was a little too late.  I used Alexander Henry Kilo, I really love this fabric!!! Katy said ( before it was finished) that it looked like and apron and the in house engineer said " Well, that is bright!"  Thanks for your support people...

The front


The back

Me falling off the shoes that are WAYYYYYY too high for me.


Pellon sent me this really cool interfacing to try and I have to say, it is AMAZING! Easy to work with and has a very nice feel to it. It gives just the right amount of support to the fabric without being too stiff. Great job Pellon!!!!! Two thumbs UP!


And I  just discovered that Alexander Henry is making cotton lawn...EEeeeeeep! I want my next skirt to be made with this one! Looks like it is going to be a skirt filled summer!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment