Monday, March 5, 2012

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!


I decided this weekend to make a mini for the Mini Quilt Contest on Ellison Lane Quilts.




This would have been perfectly fine...except...

Sunday, I was finishing my New York Beauty tutorial when it was time to take the final photos, I noticed a stain on the center of TWO blocks...it was BLUEBERRY!!!!! Oatmeal with frozen blueberries are huge in this house for breakfast and Adam had just that breakfast Sunday morning. I thought I was going to FLIP!!!! I was not angry at Adam, he actually never really touches anything in the sewing room, not even the fun dangerous stuff! I was just upset since I had a schedule. You know what they say about mice and moms ;o) Me neither ,lol!

While I was waiting for the fabric to dry after I used oxyclean, peroxide and wisk, not together, one at a time, I was crazed but I am hazmat trained { true story} and know not to mix my chemicals. Anyway while I was waiting, I thought, maybe I can start it and be done by Monday. Honestly, I did not think I was going to make it!

But I DID!!!!!  It is 10.25sq. I used a Munki Munki fussy cut center and fun Flea Market Fancy bits and pieces. This is my first quilt using NO white. This is a first for me and was a challenge. I am very comfortable with my Kona or Moda Bella white. It is my comfort like Linus and his blanket.  Sara always uses color and I love her combos so I decided to give it a try and start small :o)


Please excuse the lighting, It is after 9pm and I do not have a proper lightbox yet {something else on my to do list}


The back

Now I have time to spare...I wonder what else I can start...

Linked to Finish It Up Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment