Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Cheerful Spring Card for Grandma

My grandmother's birthday is this weekend.  She is into her 90s and until just the last year has been active and spry.  In fact, she would entertain at old-folks homes!!  But this has been a tough year for her so I definitely wanted a very cheerful and full-of-life birthday card.



I started out just planning to play along with The Paper Players challenge: Spring Has Sprung, but I am not a spring color person - I love the brights of summer and the regals of fall - so I needed a little more help.

I checked the Splitcoast Color Challenge which is A Very Wild Bride - which, as crazy as it sounds, is actually the subtles Vanilla, Wasabi and Blushing Bride.  That works!!

And then clearly, not feeling particularly inspired - I had to find a sketch challenge to help me and I used The Sweet Stop Sketch for this week, but I turned it on its side.


It took a lot of help - but I think Grandma is going to smile at her birthday card.

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Happy Day
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi CS and dsp, Blushing Bride CS and dsp
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Wasabi ribbon, three flower punch, Stickles on the water drops, misc yellow pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment