Thursday, March 29, 2012

Heaven Knows You're Special

I realized this morning that I have been very bad at sending cards to a very special family.  Amongst a lot of other stuff, the sweet little seven-year-old is going through chemo for the fourth time in her young life.  My card today is actually for her big sister - when I send cards to the family, I never want to forget her.

I find her very difficult to make cards for - she is only in 4th grade but has seen so much already.  Cutesy just doesn't seem right, yet she is still very young.  I had earmarked the colors at this week's colourQ challenge as being the perfect bright and cheerful colors for her.  I also stumbled on a Stampin' Up set that I had never used that had the perfect sentiment.  Then I pulled out some simple tulips to finish it off.



When I was trying to figure out what to do - I realized that I hadn't played along with the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge in a long time and it is one of my favorites!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Flower Fusion 11 (for the tulip) and various stems from other Flower Fusion sets, Stampin' Up Blessings from Heaven
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Word Window Punch and Celery Grosgrain, Martha Stewart butterfly punch. gems colored with Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment