Monday, March 19, 2012

CAS Sketch: Peace be unto you

Today's Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast was to use a sketch as found on a card by Arizona Maine.  What a stunning card!  Then I made the mistake of peeking at the gallery before I did my card (usually a big NO-NO because I get intimidated).  Sure enough, amongst all the other beautiful cards were two by design team buddies of mine that you HAVE to check out - Blue Skies by Bridget and Easter Tulips.  I was definitely intimidated.

So I sat down to watch the first video of this session of Online Card Classes called Creative Chemistry 101 by Tim Holtz.  I am GOING to learn all of those amazing blending techniques that, right now, I can only drool over, but this video was all about terminology and product types.  I decided to sit down with some distress pads and do a pre-class card using a minimal amount of blending and a spritz of Perfect Pearls...


I am happy with the results - although it would be hard to be unhappy given the theme of the card! - and I am anxious to see what I am able to do after a few weeks of classes.

  • Stamps: DRS Designs (crosses), sentiment in Close To My Heart He Is Risen
  • Paper: Papertrey Lavender Moon and Classic Kraft
  • Ink: Ranger Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Evergreen Bough, Stormy Sky, Versafine black
  • Accessories: Fiskars squeeze punch, Perfect Pearls mist, Ranger blending handle and foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment