Thursday, March 15, 2012

Whoop-de-do!

My pictures have been showing up blurry on blogger, for unknown
reasons, as they are perfectly clear in Photoshop...but if you click on
it to make it bigger - it looks much better!!

It's my birthday today!!

And I can't quite decide how I feel about it??!!

It's a big one...an unmentionable big one.  And I have worked really hard to  feel good about it.  I've been on a nutrition/diet program and have easily and happily dropped weight, but more importantly, I have more energy that I have in a decade or more.  But I have had the horrible two-week cold and, after 11 days, still feel drained.

I ordered new glasses to update my look and, after the eye test and realizing how bad my eyes had gotten, to see the world clearly!!  But they are delayed and aren't here yet.

The worst part about the glasses is that I need to renew my driver's license...today...and I'm afraid to take the vision test without my new glasses - so after today, I can't drive.  (Not that I should be driving today with the old glasses!!)

On the positive side, my MIL sent me a big box of luscious chocolate-covered strawberries and the instructions say that they HAVE to be eaten within 48 hours.  Nothing like a good cup of coffee and chocolate-covered strawberries for breakfast!!

And I have an easy day in front of me - that I am planning to spend at my craft table - so how bad can life be??!!

Off of the whining and on to the card...

I have had this very old Basic Grey paper forever with plans to use it on any of the Emerson cartoon images that I have.  It came with a coordinating package of unique fibers - so I knew the whole thing would be perfect for these "frazzled" images!!  Today seemed like a great day to use it up!

The inside sentiment is perfect too...it's a Bette Davis quote - "Gettin' old ain't for sissies" ... SO true!!

I am using the second sketch from retrosketches.
(I was thrilled to get a Shout Out for my entry for their first ever sketch!)

  • Stamps: American Art Stamps
  • Paper: Basic Grey Fusion, Papertrey Plum Pudding and Terracotta Tile
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Basic Grey Fusion fibers

No comments:

Post a Comment