Friday, March 2, 2012

A finish and an almost finish


This morning, I was up early, I finished the beautiful doll and she is happily sitting on my sofa and the perfect companion to the double wedding ring pillow:o)



I did some fmq with 50wt Aurifil to give the pillow top some depth.  I still have had no issues with the Bernina burping while fmq with the Aurifil, I am so very pleased since I HATE unsewing!!!!! My eyes have too much difficulty with the smaller stitches.

And she has a zippered bottom.


Yesterday here was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I was doing some hand sewing on the porch while the kids were reading in the yard.


Then I remembered that Katy had asked me for a picnic quilt. I made a postage stamp quilt top with p.s. i quilt QAL last Jan {as in 2011} and never finished it.  I think this would be perfect picnic quilt for my Katy using Katie Jump Rope!!!!!



I wanted something more durable on the back since it will have MAJOR use from two kids { Adam will be using it too since we have a lot of monkey see monkey do} So I pulled out County Fair. I have never quilted with home dec weight so I am curious to see what happens. The binding will be the tiles...YUMMY!


Finally, I found this batting on clearance for $2.97 at Joann's day before yesterday! It is Pellon 50%soy/ 50% cotton. It is thin and seems to be VERY strong! I think it will be perfect for the kids :o)

I am off to make a sandwich and start my quilting!!!! Hoping for a weekend finish :o)

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Linked to Finish it up Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment