Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sweet 'n Sassy March Release Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps March New Release Celebration!  The Design Divas are so excited to be kicking off this month's amazing stamp release with a blog hop today.  You are probably joining me from Jessica's blog; if not, be sure to head back to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog so you don't miss a thing!


For this release, I received the two most different stamps ever possible to work with!  My first set is Ticket Sentiments - one big ticket stamp with eight different stamps to fit inside it.  Here's the card...
Pin It



Can you guess what it does?

See the little "pull here" at the top?  If you pull on the ribbon, here's what happens...Surprise!!


And the best part is that the card is very simple to make.  Decorating with these great ticket stamps is what makes it extra special!  And...the star border...also from Sweet 'n Sassy!!

FYI: Instructions for this ribbon pull card are all over the internet.  I based mine on this post from years ago, but I resized it to fit a 3 1/4 x 6 1/4 envelope to give me more space to showcase the tickets.

Cut main paper to 5 1/2" x 6".  The 5 1/2"
is the vertical dimension.  Score at 2 3/4"
and 5 1/2" to create two flaps.  Add a
little tape along the flap and adhere it
closed to create a pouch.
Cut an inner piece to 2 1/2" x 4".
Use a hole punch to punch through the
inner piece and the pouch...
...to look like this.
Flip the inner piece around, tuck it inside
the pouch to the punched holes line up.
Stick a 12" piece of ribbon through the
hole bringing it up on both sides.
Then tie off the top of the ribbon.  In this
case I tied a button on, but you could also
just knot the ribbon.  In this picture, I have
also slipped my gift card in and begun
decorating the outside.
Can you see why I was utterly thrilled to receive the "Ticket Sentiments" set? What a perfect way to decorate this gift card holder!!!

Now...for a total change in mood...I also received the "Friendship Script Background".   I have been so struggling with this set.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE it.  In fact, I love it so much, I wanted the background to be the focus so that the recipient could read ALL of the beautiful words.  Unfortunately, a card that consists of just a background isn't very exciting.  Here's my attempt at keeping as many of the words as possible...
Pin It





On top of the Friendship Script Background, I white embossed the flowers from "Wildflowers".  The sentiment is from "Blessings and Thanks".


Do you see what I mean?  I really couldn't have had two stamps that were so totally different - and THAT is one of the big reasons that I love Sweet 'n Sassy stamps!


Your next stop is Cathy's blog.

And just in case,  here is the whole list of team members hopping along with us today:
Kim Singdahlsen <---You are Here
After the hop, make plans to join us for our New Release Party over in our Member Company Forums on Splitcoaststampers.  We'll have full reveals of all the stamp and dies sets being released this month, challenges to inspire you, and of course fun chatter with great friends!  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment