Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pink and Purple for the Tweens

I am sorry that I haven't been here in so long.  The crud escalated into a sinus/ear infection.  Besides not wanting to move my head, my poor body was exhausted from fighting!  I have been lucky to get the family fed and a few clothes washed!

I'm feeling SO much better today so decided to play along with today's Splitcoast Color Challenge.  It is WAY out of my comfort zone - Eggplant Grape Melons - pinks and purples.  But I did think it might work for a tween girl card...


ETA: I LOVE this layout...I LOVE the balloons...I still don't like pink and purple (or maybe I just don't know how to use them well!)  So I remade this card and included it in the next post!

I used this week's sketch at retrosketches:



Speaking of strange tweens...


That's my Erik...yes, those are wings and a tutu to coordinate with the dinosaur helmet.  Lacrosse is a strange and unusual sport...or perhaps it's just this team that's strange and unusual!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Heart-2-Heart #2
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo CS and dsp, Eggplant dsp, Concord Crush dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Eggplant, Concord
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Heart-2-Heart #2 die, misc circle and scalloped circle punches, American Crafts glitter brads, The Twinery Pink Sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment