Monday, October 14, 2013

Unscripted Color Throwdown: Batty for You

Last week, when Stacey Schafer visited Denver, she brought me a Halloween goodie bag - Reverse Confetti Halloween sentiments, Glitz paper, orange Doodlebug Sprinkles, and black Hemptique twine. From the airport, we drove straight to Archiver's - big surprise, huh?  In the course of the drive, I had mentioned that I had spent two weeks brutally purging my stash, but that one of the things I hadn't parted with were punches even though I always used dies instead.  We agreed there was no reason to ever buy punches again.  So we walk into Archiver's and there's a make-and-take with this great bat punch.  Guess what?  Here's Stacey's use of the bat punch that we weren't going to buy...and here's mine...

Batty for You

I've also used the Glitz Raven paper, the twine and the sprinkles!!!   Thanks Stacey!!  The bat is a black suede and I'm thinking I should have brushed the cat fur off it before I took the photo - sorry for the linty look!

I had started this card a week ago then I set it aside to work on some other projects.  In the meantime, the unscripted sketch challenge closed - but I still want to credit it!


I also used color throwdown.  I had already used the Smoky Slate background and the papers are full of Tangerine Tango, Black and Slate.  When I was finishing it up this morning, none of it popped - I remembered the Daffodil in this challenge and it worked perfectly!!  Plus it matches the creepy bat eyes!


  • Stamps: Reverse Confetti Spooky Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Glitz Raven 6x6, black suede paper
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Accessories: EK Success Large Vampire Bat Punch, Doodlebug Sprinkles in Tangerine, Yellow and Black, Lil' Inkers Stitched Circles, Hemptique 10 lb black twine, yellow stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment