Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Avery Elle and CAS Colours and Sketch: Peace, Love & Joy

It's my day on the Avery Elle blog and I get to show you a little more with the set Winter Wreath.  I'm feeling a little guilty as I made a card without the wreath!!  It's fairly rare for me that a card just appears in my head.  Usually it takes brute force - try this color, try that paper, try sequins, etc.  But as I was browsing challenges, I saw a sketch from CAS - Colours & Sketches and it made me see snowflakes and I knew there was a beautiful "Peace, Love & Joy" sentiment in Winter Wreath - it seemed like a great match!  (I did use the actual wreath two weeks ago on these cards)

Peace, Love and Joy

The frame on this is actually from an earlier Avery Elle set called Framed Fonts.  Isn't it nice that it fits the sentiments in Winter Wreath??!

Here's the sketch from CAS - Colours & Sketches.



I'm also submitting this to Simon Says Christmas/Happy Holiday.

  • Stamps: Avery Elle Winter Wreath, Framed Fonts
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Best Creations Gold glitter
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Versamark
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Michael's brand gold pearls, crystal gold embossing powder (a brand no longer made that I have hoarded for years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment