Monday, October 21, 2013

A Freshly Made Curtain Call: Paper Sweeties Scarecrow

The current challenge at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge is a photo of gorgeous blue gourds.  The sponsor for this challenge is Paper Sweeties who provided the design team with a discount code and, more importantly, is providing the winner of the challenge with a $20 gift certificate.  One of the sets that I got because it had pumpkins/gourds in it, also had a cute scarecrow.  I had used the gourds here in a more elegant card, but I also wanted to ink up the scarecrow.  I found the perfect sketch to showcase him at Freshly Made Sketches.  The sketch also led me to create his hay bale border.  This guy makes me smile!!!

Paper Sweeties Scarecrow


I have a couple of scheduled posts this week but other that, it will be fairly quiet on my blog.  My children have state marching championships on Friday and Saturday.  It's in a town that's a five-hour round trip away so those days are shot from a crafting standpoint - but very exciting from a marching standpoint.  It's also finals week for me in a couple of accounting classes (this school does 2 classes for 2 months instead of the standard 4 classes for 4 months - so finals are hitting me right now!)  Everything is due on Sunday - but I really want to be done before the state championships.  Think of me when you are happily crafting and I have my nose buried in accounting textbooks and financial statements!

  • Stamps: Paper Sweeties Stand Add-On 3 (scarecrow, hay bales, big gourd), Stand Add-On 2 (two little gourds)
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Primitive WWhite, blue is a scrap piece, flags are Stampin' Up More Mustard CS and dsp
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, My Favorite Things Fishtail dies, Hemptique twine

No comments:

Post a Comment