Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Festive and Whimsical Sketch: Merry Penguins

I got an order from Mama Elephant and knew that I wanted to immediately use these penguins as part of the Festive Friday challenge to create a holiday project with a whimsical theme.  I love the Basic Grey 25th and Pine paper with its retro colors and feel, so I added a dash of that too.

Merry Penguins



I always struggle with penguins - they are supposed to be black!!!  But the colors of the paper led me in this grayish direction and I love how it turned out!

The stamp set comes with the penguins as separate stamps (and snowmen too!) and they can hold hands or there are multiple banners or chains of stars and hearts - lots of options.  The hearts in Mr. Penguin's hat is even an add-on.  

I had created the long panel then couldn't figure out what to do with it.  Seize the Sketch to the rescue with its simple flag!!


  • Stamps: Mama Elephant Polar Pals, Winter Wonderland (the snowflakes)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Real Red, My Favorite Things Primitive White, Basic Grey 25th and Pine
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Hero Arts Wet Cement
  • Accessories: Michaels brand gold pearls, My Favorite Things Fishtails, unknown twine


No comments:

Post a Comment