Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Avery Elle: Warm Wishes

I am thrilled to be posting on the Avery Elle blog today and I get to show off the new set Let It Snow. This set is right up my alley - with a beautiful tree, cute birds, dainty snowflakes and lovely sentiments!!  I posted my first card with it here with a truly clean and simple card - it was one of the few cards that came together for me in less than 10 minutes.  I wanted a very different look for today's card and found a piece of dsp that fit that tree trunk perfectly.  This card was even simpler than the first, even though it may have a less clean look.  I love stamps that make it easy to create quick cards!

Warm Wishes

Can you believe that I only had to stamp the trees, birds and sentiment?  The paper added the holly and the blue stripes!

I know this picture has a strange, dusty look to it.  I can't tell you how many times I tried to take this picture but just couldn't quite capture it.  After I stamped the tree on the paper, I didn't think it looked Christmas-y enough so I frosted it by covering the entire front with glitter!!  Here's a close-up so that you can see the extreme glitter!

Warm Wishes close up

Aren't they a charming pair in their frosty tree?
  • Stamps: Avery Elle Let It Snow
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas December Daily
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Memento Black, Copics
  • Accessories: Heat & Stick Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, May Arts twine

No comments:

Post a Comment