Friday, October 18, 2013

Catered Crop: Orange

It's that time of year where everything turns up orange!  Pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns and fall leaves and the Denver Broncos football team!!  The current challenge at Catered Crop is "orange" and Linda has curated a Pinterest board full of ideas - not just the typical fall cards, but she's also found cowboy boots and orange sodas and paper flowers!!

Not being quite that creative - I went for a fall leaf!  (Although I do think I deserve creativity points for the zig zags on the leaf because they weren't there to start with!)

Find Joy 2

To get the zig zags on the leaf, I first stamped the die cut leaf with the zig zag in white, then overstamped with the deep orange.  Jennifer McGuire did this on this card using a canvas background and solid leaves.  I love autumn so much that I do see the joy in every day (as compared to the summer when I am just grumpy from the heat!) so this sentiment was perfect for me and my fall leaf!

I hope you check out the Pinterest board (found here), pull out your orange and play along!
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Thankful Leaves, Cheerful Blessings, Mod Borders
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Terracotta, Smokey Shadow
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Terracotta, Smokey Shadow and Soft Stone, WPlus9 white
  • Accessories: My Favorite Things Fall Leaves die, Stampin' Up Silver Cord, Neat & Tangled Festive Fall Sequin Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment