Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sketch for You to Try: Thankful for You

My favorite new fall set is Forever Fall from Reverse Confetti.  (Have I mentioned lately that I love fall??!)   I used the woodgrain hearts from the set last week on this card.  The fall cards that I have made this year have a slightly different look.  I have admired other cardmaker's use of stone grays on their cards - it really makes the colors pop.  I have also been adding glitter or sequins to give the cards a frosty look.  I love the colors of fall, but I particularly love the feel and the aroma of frosty mornings!

Thankful for You

I used Reverse Confetti's Sketch for You to Try.


Did you see my loopy twine bow?  I'm channeling my inner Stacey Schafer although I still didn't manage to be as big and dramatic.  When she was in Denver last week, she demonstrated how she uses her fingers to wrap the bow - so I thought I'd give it a try!  My acorns were looking a little small and lost - I think the bow gives them some oomph!
  • Stamps: Reverse Confetti Forever Fall
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cajun Craze and Early Espresso, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone dsp, Echo Park Reflections Fall 6x6 pad
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Hemptique 10-lb white twine, Stampin' Up Heat and Stick Powder and Diamond Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment