Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Catered Crop: Make an Impression

The current challenge at Catered Crop is to make an impression...with embossing!!

I was all over that one - I have a large drawer of embossing folders and new ones just keep finding their way into my house!  As I was paging through them, I realized I wanted to do more than just an embossing folder (because I do that all the time) - either lots of folders on one card, or a different technique - then I froze a little because I'm not one to come up with my own ideas. So I spent some time organizing my desk and saw a scrap of paper that had diagonal stripes with a few going a different way - the light bulb came on!  Did I get enough shadow on the card so you can see the strip that changes direction!!??  (I have the worst time photographing embossing on a card - if I get the shadow off of it so it's a nice white card, the embossing "disappears".)

Hello with stripes

If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure to head over to Catered Crop.  I love the Pinterest board that's included with each challenge - so many great ideas.  There's over a week left on this challenge - so you still have time!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: Hello
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Summer Sunrise, Limeade ice, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Hello die, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder, misc sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment