Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A New Day at Joyful Creations

As I promised yesterday, my blog has had face-lift.  If you are viewing this in a blog reader - be sure to bring up my actual blog and see the changes.  I am absolutely thrilled.  The wonderfully talented Jackie Rockwell, who is taking a break from her personal blog, is still offering graphic design services and I decided to treat myself.  Don't you love her design??

Jackie is great to work with too.  You can be as involved in selecting themes, colors, fonts, etc. as you want.  Personally, the only thing that I really had a big part in is the colors.  She directed me to a great website - {design seeds} and I paged through until I found something exciting.

I also requested the butterfly.  If you have been with me a long time, you know that this blog started because of a church card ministry that my mother started and named "Joyful Creations".  I've always loved the symbolism of a butterfly - death and resurrection - and wanted to include a butterfly as long as it wasn't cutesy.  I love what Jackie came up with.

I did want to re-open my blog with a few cards - using my new blog colors and butterflies!!  The first is a send out to Jackie - you are amazing!

You're So Amazing

Then I have a bright and cheerful birthday card for Seize the Birthday!  I got the Small Circle Burst from Memory Box and haven't had a chance to use it - it seemed perfect for this sketch challenge!
Enjoy Your Special Day



Then I did one more card to represent my Christian cardmaking roots.  This card uses the current sketch at retrosketches.

God Is Our Refuge

Thank you so much for checking out my blog!!   I am so over the moon excited by my new look, if you are even thinking about getting a new look for your blog - be sure to check out Jackie's services!

You Are Amazing
  • Stamps: Verve Amazing Wishes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Memory Box Tessatina Border, MFT Fishtail dies, Stampin' Up Butterfly Punch and white Taffeta Ribbon
Enjoy Your Special Day
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, More Mustard dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Papertrey Butterfly Signature Series die, Love Lives Here die, and Hawaiian Shores button, The Twinery Caribbean twine, Memory Box Small Circle Burst die
God is Our Refuge
  • Stamps: Verve single - Psalm 46:1
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder (retiring this month!), Paperrey Love Lives Here die, The Twinery Caribbean, Divine Twine Cheery, My Mind's Eye Twine Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment