Saturday, May 25, 2013

Papertrey Blog Hop: Bouquet Builders

This is my THIRD post today!!!

Today is the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.  They have given us seven different gorgeous color schemes to choose from and challenged us to create a floral project.  On a whim, I decided to find the oldest floral Papertrey set that I had - it's called Green Thumb and comes from the second ever release in March of 2007.  (FYI - I have the very first set too - Paper Tray- and it has a little flower blossom in it, but I just couldn't build a bouquet with it!)  The butterfly and sentiment did come from slightly newer sets!

birthday wishes


I actually started out this challenge by challenging myself to colors that I find challenging.  Didja follow that?  One of the other color schemes includes a couple of colors that I just never use.  So I actually started out with this card.

Happy Birthday window


I don't dislike this card, but I so love bold colors on white (like the first card), that I just can't be happy with this one.

I am looking forward to being able to hop through all of the entries - bouquets of flowers - it's going to be gorgeous!


BIG NEWS: The downloadable Copic charts for color matches to Stampin' Up and
Papertrey Ink have been updated for the brand new Stampin' Up colors and the
most recent Papertrey Ink colors.  The link to these charts is on my side bar to the right!!


Birthday Wishes (bold colors):
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Green Thumb, Beautiful Butterflies, Up, Up & Away (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest
  • Ink: Paperrey Ink Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 and Layerz, Double-Ended Banners, Woodgrain Impression plate, Orange Zest button, twine
Happy Birthday (muted colors):
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Green Thumb, Tag-Its 10 (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Winter Wiseria, Lavender Moon, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 3 and Layerz, Cane Print Impression Plate, Fine Linen ribbon, misc gems and pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment