Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Birthday in Starfruit

I have a dear friend who has a bigger collection of stamps than I do.  Can you believe it??  And she lets people come and play with her stuff multiple times a month.  You can bet that those days go on my calendar immediately and nothing gets in the way!

It was her birthday this week and, since she is a Stampin' Up demo, I definitely wanted to go all Stampin' Up on her card!  She's also a big fan of fall and fall colors (she even runs a Halloween blog).  When I pulled out the Pop-Up Posies kit and saw that it had Summer Starfruit brads - I decided it could all work perfectly together for her card!

Birthday in Starfruit

If you happen to get Stampin' Up catalogs, this Pop-Up Posies kit is in the current mini catalog.  The samples are fabulous with each flower having 8 to 10 layers - so much incredible dimension!  But, I'm mailing this, so decided to give it a try with just two layers.  It's definitely better with 10 layers but I think it is still fun and unique this way - it's like mini coffee filters!!!

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Well-Scripted
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Summer Starfruit, Comfort Cafe dsp
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Pop-Up Posies kit (brad, flower, label panel), Bird punch (leaves), embossing border folder, gems colored with Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment