Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thank You Ever So Much with Hexagons

Everybody knows that I love challenges.  Virtually every card that I make starts with a challenge  - I need a starting point.  By taking one decision out of the equation - the sketch, the colors, the technique, my brain is freed up to be creative on the rest of the card.  I usually play one challenge on a card; maybe two.  But today I was looking at my Chronicle app (see iPod/Ipad app tab) which is my storage place for each day's challenges - and three of them called my name!!!

This card is the sketch from Nacho Average Challenge, the colors from colourq, and the hexagon challenge from CASology.

Thank You Hexagons





It's also one my rare cards that has a specific destination.  I have an incredibly gracious friend who regularly invites a group of friends over to her beautiful home to chat, drink coffee, knit - just be relaxed and happy.  As soon as I hit publish on this post, I am going to put a coffee cake in the oven, take a shower and head over to Carol's with my thank you card in hand.   Happy day!!

FYI - be sure to check out my new blog look created by the great Jackie Rockwell and debuted yesterday!!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Happy Hexagons, Simple Sentiments
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sage Shadow, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up button, Calypso Coral twine, MFT Fishtail dies, Lifestyle Crafts hexagon die, misc pearls


No comments:

Post a Comment