Saturday, May 18, 2013

Catered Crop: Fabric of Friendship

Just a month ago, I was honored to be asked to be on the design team at Catered Crop.  I've posted a number of times and it's gone well...until this week...when the recipe is fabric.  I don't do fabric, I don't have any, and I've never sewn.  So I wandered into the fabric department at Hobby Lobby and found a fun package of 1/8 yard pieces of coordinating yellow fabric - I knew that I could do a sun.

I thought that I had read that metal dies (besides Sizzix) could cut fabric.  I was clearly dreaming because they don't - but they do put a mark on the fabric which allowed me to cut out my pieces.  However...I am also handicapped in that I am incapable of cutting a straight line.  So I decided to embrace the raggedy nature of my cutting by distressing my edges and ripping the fabric for my bow.  I'm hoping it all looks intentional vs. an act of desperation!!

Some Days are Better

I also decided to try a slightly simpler card also - I wanted to put the sunshiny fabric behind a die cut.  I like this card, but it really doesn't scream "fabric" - it could just as well be patterned paper.

Wishing You Sunshine





This card also uses the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.









Be sure to check out the other designers - there are some fabulous ideas!!  And Catered Crop also has a wonderful Pinterest board full of fabric ideas.  I would love to see some of your work so that I can be inspired to work with fabric again.

Some Days Are Better
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Hello Sunshine
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: fabric and sequins, Papertrey Ink Hello Sunshine dies (to mark the fabric for cutting
Wishing You Sunshine
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Scattered Showers
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Summer Sun
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Memory Box Small Circle Burst, Trendy Twine Lemon Tart, white embossing powder

    No comments:

    Post a Comment