Monday, May 6, 2013

Deep in the Woods with TAWS

I have camped for my entire life.  My dad was a biology teacher (before he was my high school principal!) and loved hiking and camping in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  We took longer camping trips to Utah, California and Colorado in a pick-up truck with a camper topper.  That was back in the days before everything was "dangerous" so my brother and I got to ride on the camper bed over the cab of the truck - what a way to travel!!

Since I met my husband, camping has always been an important part of our lives - but it has changed over the years.  From backpacking with just the necessities in our packs - even sometimes in the middle of winter, to car camping with a tent but also coolers of great food and drink, to a pop-up camper (when the second child came along), and now - as old age sets in! - we have a small condo in the mountains.  We can hike, then come back to the hot tub with a glass of wine!!

So the new set Deep in the Woods by The Alley Way Stamps is going to see a lot of use in my house!!  A warm campfire and S'Mores makes for a perfect evening!

Lite My Fire

The Alley Way Stamps is now selling kits at a discounted price that include a stamp set (this one), paper (this is a piece from that pad), wood veneer and baker's twine.  Check it out!!  (I used different twine and the button doesn't come with it either.

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Deep in the Woods
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Studio Calico Darling Dar 6x6
  • Ink: Memento black, Copics
  • Accessories: May Arts twine, button from A Flair for Buttons, misc gems colored with Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment