Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easter Blessings Bunnies

I am experiencing definite mojo problems.  The two simple, simple cards that you are going to see here took me about 24 hours to make.  Obviously, not in total!  But I had just gotten the sweetest bunny dies and the CASology challenge this week is bunnies - easy peasy!!  NOT so much.  There are three bunnies in the die so I started with a trio of bunnies.  I tried them in kraft, in white, in bright polka dots.  I tried them in windows, on stitched squares, with and without embossing, with flower and sun punches.

Then I had one of those lucky accidents.  I use Elfa mesh drawers for storage.  All of my stamps are unmounted in CD cases and they fit perfectly.  6x6 paper pads fit perfectly.  During the night, the heavy top drawer bent and dropped and then the whole thing pancaked.

After some frustration and perhaps some choice words - enough so that I didn't take a picture of the avalanche - I just spent the last two hours re-organizing.  Not a bad thing.  I got rid of a few things.  Then I took the time to put the things that I used the most in the easiest drawers to get to - I think I am going to like it.  Everybody should experience an avalanche!?

The really, really lucky thing was that when my Papertrey sets had spread all over the floor - the top set was one I had totally forgotten about - Bitty Background Basics.  The light bulb went on - brightly - I set it aside and after I had finished picking everything up - these cards were born in about 5 minutes.  (In fairness, the bunnies and leaves and grass were already cut and the sentiment had been selected!!)


Easter Blessings boy

Easter Blessings girl



There is one other charming bunny in the die set that didn't make the cut on these cards - I got them here but they are also at Impression Obsession and other stores.

  • Stamps: Verve Egg-stra Special (sentiment), Papertrey Ink Bitty Background Basics
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush
  • Accessories: CC Designs Mistletoe Die, Martha Stewart grass border punch, Impression Obsession Bunny Set, Stampin' Up Pink ribbon, Papertrey Ink Kraft felt, misc white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment