Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 3: Online Class Pattern Play

This is my second post today.

It is the third day of the Pattern Play class at Online Card Classes.  Today the incredible designers took bold prints and made them work!!  There were multiple tips and ideas - but I was particularly taken with the simple idea of cutting the pattern into strips - it seems to "cut-up" the pattern enough that it works on a card.

You Made My Day dsp

How quick and easy is this?!

When Kristina was showing this technique, she also advised that we keep the embellishments, image and sentiments to a minimum - let the paper shine!  I love this bold sentiment and I just added a simple button.    She also studied her paper carefully to pick out the perfect part of it for her card.  You can bet I measured and worked very hard to make sure that little heart showed up on a strip!

One of the other techniques today was to use a bold paper as an embellishment.  The bold patterns on the 6x6 pads are perfect for little pennants - and that's how I have been using them already.  However, it would take a dozen lifetimes to use up all my patterned papers by just cutting little pennants, so I went with the "bigger" technique today.
I pulled this paper from a pad that I just picked up at Michaels.  It's a fun pad that has shaped borders right on the page - it made this card REALLY easy!!  It's the Chickadee Stack by Die Cuts With a View (DCWV).
You Made My Day Paper Pix
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Sea Mates
  • Paper: DCWV Chickadee Stack
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Accessories: misc button and white twine

No comments:

Post a Comment