Saturday, March 30, 2013

Last minute baskets!

We are on our second set of kids.  The first two boys are grown and gone, one married to the most wonderful woman in the world and has two of the cutest boys in existence and the other is a meteorologist serving in the U.S. Air Force.  We have done the bunny thing over the years A LOT so I kinda get lazy and wait until the last minute to drag my happy self out to do the Bunny shopping.  And things have changed over the years. There is just so much to choose from and I honestly get a bit over whelmed by ALL of the STUFF to buy.  When the boys were little, I would buy some sort of reusable container that they could then store cars, crayons or LEGO in, new play dough, a few candies an airplane and some new crayons.  I am all about the simple when it comes to Easter. But at Target everything was BIG and honestly none of it looked worth the prices they were asking, with the exception of the Cadbury Eggs.

I came home with the few basket stuffings but no baskets...sigh...

Y'all know I have been loving Pinterest lately!  I think it is possibly the finest collection of  all the stuff I  want to do in one place!  So, I did a search for fabric Easter Baskets and TA DA...this great tutorial on Sew Lux showed up!!!!  It is easy and quick.  If you do not have a basket today...make one NOW!

Katy's basket has Tula Pink The Birds and the Bees ladybugs, Dear Stella Play Date dots and Denyse Schmidt Katie Jump Rope ( I LOVE THE BAG) and Adam chose some very bold dots and stripes from the Riley Blake Pieces of Hope collection.  I used my favorite Pellon CraftFuse and 50/50 cotton soy batting.  I love my Aurifil 40wt, perfect colors and sews like a dream!





No comments:

Post a Comment