Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Floral Day with WPlus9

As I am watching the snow swirl outside my window (although once again, the 10" predicted is looking to be just a dusting), I decided to play along with two WPlus9 challenges that involved flowers.

The first is Cloud9.

Hope Heals
Cloud9 has a picture inspiration.  I strayed a little further from it than I usually do.  I am not particularly creative with picture inspiration challenges.  If there are pink flowers, I stamp pink flowers.  In this case, I started with the swirly background.  I don't have a lot of swirly papers but I found a scrap that had a mass of flowers.  I thought it matched the inspiration until I started adding other colors and realized that the purple and greens were dominate.  I curved the flower a little to get the lean of the inspiration flowers (I love that acrylic stamps allow that!) then a bright butterfly to signify "hope". So...I was definitely inspired by the inspiration but, in the end, didn't come very close.


The second WPlus9 challenge today is the Monday Mood Board and for this challenge I was further inspired by the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to color block.

Happy Birthday to You



(Now, I'm going to take advantage of the snowy mood and make a couple of Christmas cards for some upcoming challenges!!!)

Cloud9 card
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions and Sweet Nothings
  • Paper: Papertrey Plum Pudding, Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade, Basic Gray Kioshi
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle and Copics
  • Accessories: ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Mood Board card
  • Stamps: Wplus9 Mother's Day Bouquet (the flower), Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions (leaf), A Pocketful (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Daffodil, Gumball, Cherry
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Versamark
  • Accessories: Timeless Twine Lemonade Yellow, misc button, Martha Stewart butterfly punch



No comments:

Post a Comment