Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 1: Online Class Pattern Play

This is my second post for today!

I decided to enroll in the Online Card Class: Pattern Play to learn more about the use of patterned paper.

I don't use patterned paper too much, let along mixing various patterns.  But somehow, those cute papers and 6x6 pads just keep jumping in my shopping cart.  I decided that I was either going to have to start using them - or they were going to have to stop accumulating in my stash.

Today's class had a variety of tips about the basic of mixing patterns - size of patterns, boldness of patterns, ways to set apart the patterns and the use of a striped strip.  My card for today tries to use a little bit of everything that I learned. (There were a number of techniques for setting patterns apart - I used a white mat.)  I most definitely did not get overly creative with this card - I used papers from one pad instead of trying to mix and match my own and, although there are variations in size and boldness, the patterns are still pretty basic!!  Even so - this is quite a bit of pattern for me!!

Sending Hugs
One of the things that I always love about these classes are all the other tidbits that you pick up when you watch the videos.  Kristina loves twine bows.  I like twine too - but usually I have to have some kraft on the card so it's all matchy-matchy.  I loved her twine - so tucked it on mine - such a nice contrast!    Jennifer talked about bending acrylic stamps - the stem on my card is actually a straight stamp that I bent.  I always watch very carefully for the basic supplies and the techniques that they use.  Did you know there are clear pop dots?  How cool is that?
My sketch comes from Freshly Made Sketches.
  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Flower Friend
  • Paper: Lawn Fawn Bright Side 6x6 pad, Papertrey Plum Pudding
  • Ink: Papertrey Plum Pudding, Stampin' Up Gumball Green and Vintage Violet (really old!)
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up twine, Martha Stewart Bright Large Gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment