Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Season Full of Bountiful Blessings

This is my second post...it's just a short 
scroll down for embossing with CAS-ual Fridays.

I think that the colors at this week's colourQ challenge are about the strangest group of colors that I have ever seen.  Who puts Cameo with Burgundy or, even worse, Starfruit with Saffron?  Admittedly, the blouse in the photo is cute...but this is still a seriously odd combination.  (Sorry, Arielle!!!)


But somehow it still got my creative juices flowing.  I saw a beautiful sentiment in the burgundy, surrounded by simple flowers or silhouettes.  I checked out the sketch from splitcoaststampers and thought it could all work - as long as I kept a lot of white to offset the colors!!

Season of Blessings



I like it!  Thank you to colourQ for the challenge!!


  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Blessings & Thanks, Nature Silhouettes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy (sentiment), Summer Starfruit and Cameo Coral (flowers), So Saffron (sponged on edges)
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up scallop border punch, white taffeta



No comments:

Post a Comment