Sunday, September 9, 2012

CASology: I Love My Family (most of the time!)

This week's challenge at CASology is "family".  There are some darling entries - little die cut families, the Holy family, children playing...but I went for a basic "love you" with a story behind it.

I was a guest at yesterday's Stampin' Up's Denver regionals...yeah!!  But I had left putting together all of my swap cards until the last minute.  I warned my family that I was going to be busy Friday night and then gone all day Saturday and they knew how excited I was.

So Friday night comes along and I am busily die-cutting but my family is convinced that I should be on the other side of the family room with them watching a TV show.  Grrrrr.  I got tired of hearing "but this is a family show" so I gathered up stamped paper, my Cuttlebug and my dies.  As I picked it all up, the dies proceeded to fly into my drawers of stamps.  Most were big and I could find them, but the little tiny leaf die from the $25 set of Cannery dies is gone.  Strike 1.

Then my oldest son, who is partially home-schooled, could only complete his week's goals if I worked with him on Grammar.  I warn him constantly to consider all of our schedules when he works out his goals.  Strike 2.

Then I got to bed by 9:30 because I had to be up early and wanted a great night's sleep for the big day.  My youngest ran in at 10:15 and totally woke me up.  Worst case scenario - I had managed to get a power nap before he came banging in  - so I did not make it back to sleep until 1:30.  Strike 3.

(I don't even need to go into the cats who always wake me up at 6 a.m. - but decided to bother me at 4 a.m. Saturday morning.)

So...here's the card...

CASology: Family


And here's the reality of a loving family...

1. My husband spent an hour going through all of my stamps sets, then on his hands and knees looking for that darn leaf die because he knew it was important to me.  He didn't find it, but he sure tried!

2. My oldest very quickly realized that I was not going to be able to deal with grammar so he switched his schedule and took a Chemistry test that he had scheduled for Monday so that we would have time on Monday to do Grammar.  (Luckily, he aced it or I would have felt really guilty.)

3. My youngest only wanted to tell me that the first ever Big Bang Theory was on.  We have only recently discovered the show and we love it because we are total nerds ourselves.  We have so wanted to see how it all started so he was beyond excited and sincerely thought I would be thrilled also.  (And I probably should have been...but we do have a DVR!!)

And to top everything off, they listened with sincere(?) interest to all of my stories when I got home from Regionals yesterday!  My oldest even sat down with my door prize... (Out of 500 ladies and a few gentlemen, I won one of the door prizes - but it was the Spanish version of Teeny Tiny Wishes - I don't speak Spanish and I don't know any Spanish-speakers!)... but he still translated each phrase for me!

I love 'em - - - most of the time!

I tried this card in browns and it just wasn't working, so I looked at current challenges and found that Stampin' Royalty used two browns and added in Pool Party - I LOVE that touch of color!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Seasonal Sayings (a door prize for EVERYONE at the convention!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Pool Party CS, Crumb Cake dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Pool Party
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents Framelis, Linen Thread, misc brads

No comments:

Post a Comment