Sunday, September 2, 2012

You're the Best Hostess

I was chatting with a friend yesterday about how much I was NOT looking forward to the long weekend.  My 12-year old son is a highly active guy and most days you can find him outside throwing a lacrosse ball, or a baseball, or kicking a football, or skateboarding...  Unfortunately, he is temporarily on crutches due a possible stress fracture - so he is going slightly crazy which means he is driving the rest of us totally crazy.

Erik's Stress Fracture


So my wonderful friend said "come on over for a barbecue".  Do people really entertain that spontaneously?  It takes me a full week just to clean.  Of course, I don't do a lot of cleaning any other time.  I gave up years ago - small house, lots of hobbies and supplies, lots of sports and gear, lots of books, lots of pets - it's really not worth the effort to keep it much above the "safely inhabitable" level.

We're off in just a few hours to enjoy our barbecue and I definitely wanted to bring a thank you card!

You're The Best

I got a start from this week's sketch at iSpy Sketches:


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Perfectly Preserved, Friendly Phrases
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Orchard Harvest, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stampin' Up More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up buttons, Perfectly Preserved Dies, Apothecary Accents die, Lucky Limeade ribbon, misc gems colored with Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment