Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's Fall About You

I am so loving fall colors and the new set by The Alley Way Stamps called It's Fall About You is the PERFECT set to use these colors...

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks!

I had to use these colors from the color throwdown - isn't that inspiration photo amazing!


And I used these week's sketch from Technostamper.


Card details at the bottom of this post.

I have had the busiest weekend.  We spent all day yesterday on hard stadium bleachers, in the Colorado sun, watching my son compete in marching band.  This is the 6'4", 200+ pound son whom I have told you about in the past - "Are you sure you're not a football player??"  Nope - THIS is what he does...

Legacy Marching

He's the saxophone looking right between the drums.  

I am so proud of him.  Just last week, in Theology class, they were discussing stereotypes.  The teacher looked at Andrew and said "Just look at Andrew...you would think football...but NO...marching band!!"  In my day, I would have crawled under my desk at being a band geek.  But my son owns who he is and is extremely proud of being in the band!  (And the teacher knew that about him - it was a PERFECT example of stereotypes)

Legacy Marching
He's almost right in the center looking VERY serious.
Their show started with them all marching in the old-fashioned style, fife and drum style...

Legacy Marching

Then they broke into a funky rendition of Katy Perry's Firework...
Legacy Marching

They were extremely upset that they didn't make the finals of the competition (top 12), but when we saw the final scoring - they scored 5th in group musicality!!  I am guessing they will be drilling their marching even harder over the next few weeks before the next competition!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps It's Fall About You, sentiment is from Cover Up
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Summer Starfruit CS, Pumpkin Pie and Sahara Sand dsp
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie Taffeta, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder


No comments:

Post a Comment